MGGA 2016 Winter Wine Fest Wine / Food Exhibitor Agreement
1. Eligible Exhibits: The following businesses are eligible to be exhibitors at the Winter Wine Fest: Wineries having wines eligible for the ICCWC -- must be current members of the MGGA and Winery Passport Program; and Food-related businesses, including: restaurateurs, food specialty companies, restaurants, delis, bakeries and the like. All participating Exhibitors must be properly licensed and insured.
2. Wine / Food Exhibitor Purpose: To expose Minnesota and regional wineries and related food businesses to the emerging Cold Climate grape growing and wine production industry and their stakeholders. Foods offered should pair well with wine, and ideally reflect a partnership/collaboration between a Winery and food purveyor. The Exhibitors are encouraged to promote their business to attendees, but NO ON-SITE SALES of food or wine shall be conducted.
Click here to see the event advertising.
3. Space Reservations: A completed registration and acknowledgement of having received the Terms & Conditions are required to reserve a space at the Winter Wine Fest. Only the first approved Food Exhibitor registrations will be accepted. Food Exhibitors are not subject to an MGGA membership requirement to register. Click here for Grand Ballroom floor plan (PDF).
4. Care of Exhibits: Exhibitors are responsible for the orderly presentation and cleaning of their exhibit space.
5. Staffing/Attendance: The Ballroom space will be available to begin Set Up at 2:30 PM on the date of the Winter Wine Fest. Exhibitors must arrive no later than 4 PM and have their displays set up by 5:50 PM. Vendors are encouraged to arrive early to begin set up. Space must be staffed for the duration of the Fest; in no instance may the space be unattended. No exhibitor space will be dismantled before the conclusion of the event (at 10 PM on the date of the Winter Wine Fest). No staff under the age of 21 will be allowed to work at the Winter Wine Fest.
6. Exhibitor space provisions: MGGA will provide Wine Exhibitors a customer-facing table with a 6’x30” prep/staging/storage table at the rear; and will provide Food Exhibitors a table. All tables will be clothed and skirted. All Exhibitors should plan to use the tabletop space for prep and presentation of their wine/food and under the table for storage -- no other storage or prep area will be available. Exhibitors are responsible for any additional material, equipment, or labor needed in their area (including items such as chairs, wastebasket, electrical cords, telephone, etc.) Exhibitors shall note at time of registration any additional needs such as ice, access to electrical outlets, or other services needed, which does not guarantee that these can be provided by the MGGA or the host site.
7. Signage/Demonstrations: Only professionally typeset signs will be allowed, no homemade or hand-lettered signs. Signage cannot be placed outside of your designated space. No mechanical devices, or other apparatus that may be noisy or interfere with other exhibitors are allowed. Food Exhibitors are limited to the use of their table for décor/signage. Wine Exhibitor's décor/signage may be located on/in front of the customer-facing table (limited to width) and on the curtaining behind the staging table (limited to width). No encroachment into other Exhibitor or common space will be allowed.
8. Insurance and Liability: MGGA assumes no risk and by acceptance of this agreement, Exhibitors expressly release MGGA and the host location of any and all liabilities for damage, injury, or loss to any person or goods that may arise from the occupation of space by Exhibitors, and agree to hold and save MGGA and the host location of and from any loss or damage. MGGA assumes no responsibility whatsoever for any property placed in the host location. Conference management and the host location are hereby released and discharged from any and all liability from and loss, injury or damages to persons or property that may be sustained while at the event.
9. Compliance: The Exhibitor agrees to: (i) obey all laws, by-laws, ordinances and regulations governing use of the facility and operation of the Conference, (ii) abide by the rules and regulations of the city, fire, and police departments and of any other government or regulatory body governing the Conference and the facility, and (iii) obey all laws, including those pertaining to health and safety, consumer protection, and protection of visitors to the Conference. All food exhibitors must comply with all health department regulations concerning the storage, preparation, and distribution of food items.
10. Compensation for Wine Exhibitors: Wineries will receive a $100.00 reimbursement, to cover the cost of participation. If total paid ticket sales surpass 700, the MGGA will reimburse each winery an additional $50.00 for the additional wine poured. Four (4) Winter Wine Fest admission tickets will be provided at no charge to each winery, for staff to pour wine samples at their booth. Two (2) Winter Wine Fest admission tickets will be provided at no charge to each food exhibitor, for staff to serve food samples at their booth.