Greetings MGGA Members and Associates!
The CCC Silent Auction Committee is asking for your help to find items to support the Silent Auction for the 2017 Elmer Swenson Memorial Scholarships.
This year the Winter Wine Fest and Silent Auction will be held on Saturday, February 18, 2017, in the Grand Ballroom Foyer.
About The Elmer Swenson Silent Auction:
The Minnesota Grape Growers Association began hosting this event in 2010, and has since awarded over $23,000 in educational scholarships in support of the continued viticulture commitment of Elmer Swenson. Each year the goal is to generate more scholarship income than the previous year and to continue to support the Elmer Swenson Memorial Scholarship Fund; however, we can only succeed with your help.
What We Need:
First and foremost, there is no item too small -- or too big -- to be considered for donation. We can group your donated items with other similar items to create a lovely gift basket, which should of course include an amazing bottle of local wine. All you need to do is reach out to your local customers, retail partners or business to see what they might be willing to donate. We would love to pair any of these with a bottle of local wine to showcase your area, so be sure to include a bottle or two of your wine as an offering.
Examples of donation items:
- Products unique to your Winery or Vineyard -- we’ll use them to build an exquisite gift basket or two!
- Gift Certificates -- a great way to drive traffic to your Winery! Even from local businesses or restaurants in your area, which we can pair with a gift certificate for a free wine tasting at your Winery.
- Solicit a couple of best sellers donated by your local bookseller, or better yet…an autographed copy from a local author. There is nothing better than cozying up in front of a warm fire, with a good read and a great glass of local wine on a cold winters evening.
- Gift certificate for an overnight stay at a local B&B. Pair this with a gift certificate for dinner and perhaps tickets to a special event in your area, and we have a winning combination!
- Art from local artists. Perhaps a photo, sketch or painting of your area or vineyard. Hand-crafted pottery, iron or wood work, jewelry, etc. The possibilities are endless.
- Certificate for greens fees and a cart at a golf course in your area. Paired with a gift certificate for a free tasting at your Winery and you will make a customer for life.
- Get creative and build your own unique gift basket. What a great way to showcase your area and introduce your wine to new customers. Be sure to include a gift certificate for a free tasting at your Winery.
- Specialty foods and unique olive oils are always a big hit, when combined with a local wine in a gift basket.
The above is just a sample of items. Feel free to use your imagination and go wild.To donate an item for the auction, simply go online to register.
Email Kari at Kari.Hanson@biworldwide.com or call her at 952-393-3979 with questions. Please return submissions online by February 1 or sooner.
If you would like to send your donation(s) in advance, please mail to:
11870 Post Ave.
Cologne, MN 55322
Items that are being sent must be received by Monday, February 6th, 2017. Or bring your donations(s) with you to the conference and turn in at the registration desk no later than Friday, February 17th in the AM. The more time we have to prep and present your generous donation the better!
All Work and No Play??? No Way! Relax with a glass of wine at the Elmer Swenson Silent Auction.
Now that you have done your part in making this year’s silent auction a huge success, be sure to join us at the silent auction for a chance to bid on all the other amazing auction items. Bidding for the silent auction items begins at 5:00 PM, and bidding closes at 9:00 PM.
Thanks in advance for your generous donation.
The Elmer Swenson Silent Auction Committee